It’s been another busy week for the Calico team. In case you missed it, we completed our “German Rex” sprint and made the updated packages available on Tuesday – see http://dev-project-calico.pantheonsite.io/german-rex-is-out/. Not wanting to rest on our laurels, though, we made some good progress on several fronts this week, the most important being our Continuous Integration framework.
In order to test Calico we’ve had to put together a custom framework to test all aspects of the install process as well as functional testing of the codebase. As you can imagine, given the highly modular nature of Calico based OpenStack deployments, this isn’t straightforward but we’ve made good progress and now have a basic system up and running. There is a lot more we want to do here, but what we have so far is a good start and gives us confidence that we’ll be able to spot problems as the Calico codebase evolves.
The other big news of the week, from my perspective at least, is that I joined the project! While I may have missed the initial excitement of launch, I can honestly say that this is one of the most exciting projects I’ve worked on and can’t wait to see what the next few weeks and months will bring.
Watch this space for more updates soon.